Sunday, January 11, 2009

Chocolate Shortbread Biscuits

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand ~ Author Unknown


In order to sample these delicious morsels of yumminess pop in to see Julie's Recipe of the Week at Towards Sustainability, examine the contents of your frig and pantry for butter, sugar, flour and fair trade cocoa powder (basically) then set yourself to baking. It will take less time than a trip to the shops for less quality bikkies.  Or of course you could drop in for a visit - if you're quick ;)

The recipe was a life saver for me last night when Ess came wondering what to do as I was just about to start cooking dinner.  (No time to sit down and play, draw or read and no desire to let her loose on the computer or TV).   So I set her to work cutting butter to help soften it.  She had a lovely time and continues to remind me that "when I grow up I want to be a ballerina or a cook!" :)  In no time we had some delicious bikkies for dessert.  They had a bit of a twist - we had no plain flour so I used wholemeal spelt, and no icing sugar so castor sugar had to replace that.  They were a bit sugary grittier than most shortbread bikkies bit I heard not one complaint - only calls for more.  As usual the spelt flour worked a treat.  The only other change I'd like to make would be to use real butter.  Anyone got a cow!?

No comments:

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin