Friday, January 2, 2009

Fabric Baskets

Even the simplest wicker basket can become priceless when it is loved and cared for through the generations of a family.  ~ Sister Parish


Fabric baskets also have so many uses I have found.  Perhaps a couple of mine might become priceless in generations to come! :)


I enjoyed making some little baskets with beanbags in them for a variety of "play" objectives for my two girls.  I love the way the ones for little Eee turned out especially since this fabric has been around for ages.  It was first in my mother's cupboard and has since come to mine after Eee's arrival.  It is the type of material you look at and wonder what on earth you could do with - apart from make a quilt.  It has looked lovely as a little cushion and sheet on her first birthday cake and now also to make a little fabric basket.  Wonderful as we just don't need any baby quilts!!


Ess enjoys playing Bean Bag Toss and Throw with her cupcake set.  I attached a card for her with some ideas for extended bean bag play such as placing a beanbag on your head, dipping your chin and catching the bean bag, also crawling with the bean bag on your head.  As well as the obvious throwing to capture them in the basket - quite tricky as the basket is rather smallish.

I have also revised the pattern a little to make a bigger basket to house my Matryoshkas.

This has also given me inspiration to make one to hold our remote controls which never seem to remain contained no matter how hard we try.

Possibilities for baskets seem endless.

No comments:

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin